An interesting idea was invented and implemented by the MobilePokerClub poker room. For the time of the World Cup, the room launched a micro limit MPS 2018 tournament series, coinciding in timing with the Championship. The total guaranteed prize pool of the series is $15,000.
During the group stage from June 14 to June 28, 16 tournaments with buy-in $1 are held. Then buy-ins increase with each stage:
- June 30 – July 5 during the finals 8 tournaments with buy-in $3
- July 6-9 during the ¼ finals there are 4 tournaments $5
- 10 and 11 July during the ½ final – 2 tournaments for $10
- July 12 – “match for the third place” with buy-in $ 15
- July 13, players are waiting for a cherry on the cake – the final is $2,000 GTD with a buy-in of $25
Within the series, two races of the “Golden Boot” rating are provided with a total prize fund of $4,000.
- The first race will end with the end of the group stage. The prizes are awarded to 100 top players, $100 for the first place, $5 for the minimum payout.
- The second race starts with the start of the playoffs.