The probability of rolling a dice 3 times and getting an odd number at least once is approximately 87.5%. This can be calculated by subtracting the probability of getting all even numbers (12.5%) from 100%.
The probability of rolling a dice 3 times and getting an odd number at least once can be calculated by considering the complementary events – the probability of not getting any odd numbers. Let’s delve into the details to understand the concept better.
To calculate the probability, we need to first determine the total possible outcomes when rolling a dice 3 times. Since each roll has 6 possible outcomes (numbers 1 to 6), the total number of outcomes for 3 rolls is 6 * 6 * 6 = 216.
Next, we need to calculate the number of outcomes where we do not get any odd numbers. An odd number appears on a dice in the form of 1, 3, or 5. As there are 3 odd numbers, each with an equal probability of appearing (1/6), the probability of not getting an odd number on one roll is 1 – 3/6 = 1/2.
Since we are rolling the dice 3 times, the probability of not getting any odd numbers would be (1/2) * (1/2) * (1/2) = 1/8.
Now, to find the probability of getting an odd number at least once, we subtract the probability of not getting any odd numbers from 1. Therefore, the probability of rolling a dice 3 times and getting an odd number at least once is 1 – 1/8 = 7/8, which is approximately 87.5%.
“The only way to learn mathematics is to do mathematics.” – Paul Halmos
- Probability is a branch of mathematics that deals with calculating the likelihood of events occurring.
- A standard 6-sided dice has 6 equally probable outcomes, making it a common tool to understand probability concepts.
- The probability of an event ranges from 0 to 1, where 0 indicates impossibility and 1 indicates certainty.
- The concept of complementary events is often used to calculate the probability of an event by considering the probability of its complement (the event not happening).
- Probability is widely used in various fields such as statistics, gambling, finance, and science to make predictions and informed decisions.
|Odd Number on One Roll||1/2|
|No Odd Numbers on Three Rolls||1/8|
|At Least One Odd Number on Three Rolls||7/8|
Video related “What is the probability of rolling a dice 3 times and getting an odd number at least once?”
Maria, a mathematician, provides a straightforward explanation of how to determine the probability of rolling a dice when the number is greater than 3 and less than 5. By considering all the possible outcomes (numbers 1 to 6) and noting that only the number 4 satisfies the condition, Maria concludes that the probability is 1 out of 6.
Check out the other answers I found
If a dice is tossed thrice, find the probability ofgetting an odd number at least once. = 7/8 is the answer.
In addition, people ask
Therefore, the probability of getting an odd number less than 3 is 1/6.